Today’s topics: Mideast Peace Prayer; Singing Italian Sister; US Bishops Meet; Phoenix Priest Killed; Regina Cleri; Pentecost
Summary of today’s show: Our usual Thursday panel of Scot Landry, Susan Abbott, Gregory Tracy, and Fr. Roger Landry consider the headlines of the week, including the gathering of Israeli and Palestinian presidents in the Vatican with Pope Francis to pray for peace; the elevation of Italian Sr. Cristina as the lead voice of the New Evangelization; the US bishops meeting in New Orleans to discuss family and freedom issues; the murder of a priest in Phoenix and critical injury to another; the Diocese of Cleveland waiving fees related to annulments and marriage dispensations; 50th anniversary celebration of Regina Cleri; and Cardinal Seán’s celebration of Pentecost with ecclesial movements.
Listen to the show:
Today’s host(s): Scot Landry and Susan Abbott
Today’s guest(s): Gregory Tracy, managing editor of the Pilot, the newspaper of the Archdiocese of Boston, and Fr. Roger Landry, pastor of St. Bernadette Parish in Fall River
Links from today’s show:
- The Anchor
- The Pilot
- Some of the stories discussed on this show will be available on The Pilot’s and The Anchor’s websites on Friday morning. Please check those sites for the latest links.
- “Pope tells presidents only God can bring peace to Holy Land”, The Pilot/CNS, 6/9/14
- The Lead Singer of the New Evangelization, The Anchor, June 13, 2014, CatholicPreaching.com
- “At spring assembly, U.S. bishops urged to promote, support families”, Catholic News Service, 6/11/14
- “Priest killed, another one injured in attack at Catholic church in Phoenix”, CNN, 6/12/14
- “Cleveland Diocese ends fees for marriage annulments, dispensations”, Catholic News Service, 6/10/14
- George Martell’s photos from the Regina Cleri 50th anniversary celebration