.Today’s topics: Childless Marriages; Charismatic Renewal; Fall River Ordination; Bishops Back Gun Bill; Pentecost
Summary of today’s show: Our Thursday panel of Scot Landry, Susan Abbott, Gregory Tracy, and Dom Bettinelli consider the headlines of the week, including Pope Francis’ message to intentionally childless couples seeking a “culture of comfort”; his message to Catholics in the charismatic renewal to stay open to the Holy Spirit and to let Him lead; the ordination this weekend of a priest for the Fall River diocese; the endorsement of gun control legislation by the four Massachusetts bishops; and Cardinal Seán’s 2011 Pastoral Letter on Pentecost and evangelization.
Listen to the show:
Today’s host(s): Scot Landry and Susan Abbott
Today’s guest(s): Gregory Tracy, managing editor of the Pilot, the newspaper of the Archdiocese of Boston, and Domenico Bettinelli
Links from today’s show:
- The Anchor
- The Pilot
- Some of the stories discussed on this show will be available on The Pilot’s and The Anchor’s websites on Friday morning. Please check those sites for the latest links.
- “Pope blames ‘culture of comfort’ for intentionally childless marriages”, Catholic News Service, 6/2/14
- “Pope, at charismatic rally in stadium, invites them to Vatican in 2017”, Catholic News Service, 6/2/14
- Catholic Charismatic Renewal Services, Archdiocese of Boston
- Catholic Charismatic Renewal: Program #0578 for Monday, September 16, 2013
- “A New Pentecost: Inviting All To Follow Jesus”, Pastoral Letter of Cardinal Seán