Today’s topics: Co-Workers in the Vineyard; Way of the Cross; Collaboratives in Holy Week; Lay Chancellor in Fall River; New Saints; Divorce and Communion
Summary of today’s show: Our usual Thursday panel of Scot Landry, Susan Abbott, Gregory Tracy and Fr. Roger Landry consider the headlines of the week, including the Co-Workers in the Vineyard conference; the Annual Congress of Catechesis and Evangelization for Hispanic ministry; several planned Ways of the Cross sponsored by Catholic organizations; Holy Week as will be celebrated by the new parish collaboratives; the first lay Finance Officer/Chancellor; Three new saints from Pope Francis; Divorce, Remarriage, and Communion.
Listen to the show:
Today’s host(s): Scot Landry and Susan Abbott
Today’s guest(s): Gregory Tracy, managing editor of the Pilot, the newspaper of the Archdiocese of Boston, and Fr. Roger Landry, pastor of St. Bernadette Parish in Fall River
Links from today’s show:
- The Anchor
- The Pilot
- Some of the stories discussed on this show will be available on The Pilot’s and The Anchor’s websites on Friday morning. Please check those sites for the latest links.
- George Martell’s photos of the Co-Workers in the Vineyard conference
- Way of the Cross sponsored by Communion and Liberation is on April 18, starting at 10am at Boston Common, next to the Park Street T stop and concluduing at 2pm at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross.
- Information on the Way of the Cross for Life
- “Pope declares by decree three new saints for the Americas”, Catholic News Service, 4/3/14
- “Communion for the Divorced-and-Remarried? The Anchor, April 11, 2014”, Fr. Roger Landry