Today’s topics: Firefighter Funeral; First Communicants; Bishops’ Lifestyles
Summary of today’s show: Our usual Thursday panel of Scot Landry, Susan Abbott, Gregory Tracy, and Fr. Roger Landry consider the headlines of the week, including Cardinal Seán’s remarks at the end of the funeral for Firefighter Lt. Ed Walsh; Fr. Roger’s advice to parents of children preparing for First Communion; Pope Francis’ providing a good example for confession; and bishops confronted by the example of Pope Francis’ austerity of lifestyle.
Listen to the show:
Today’s host(s): Scot Landry and Susan Abbott
Today’s guest(s): Gregory Tracy, managing editor of the Pilot, the newspaper of the Archdiocese of Boston, and Fr. Roger Landry, pastor of St. Bernadette Parish in Fall River
Links from today’s show:
- The Anchor
- The Pilot
- Some of the stories discussed on this show will be available on The Pilot’s and The Anchor’s websites on Friday morning. Please check those sites for the latest links.
- Final Salute to Lt. Ed Walsh, including Cardinal Seán’s reflections
- Helping Children to Learn to Live the Faith, The Anchor, April 4, 2014, Fr. Roger Landry
- “Bless me, Father: Pope leads by example, goes to confession”, CNS, 3/28/14
- Video: Pope Francis goes to confession