Today’s topics: Pope Meets Obama; Vatican Abuse Commission; Papal Warning to Mafiosi; Mass on the Border; Just Wage
Summary of today’s show: Our usual Thursday panel of Scot Landry, Susan Abbott, Gregory Tracy, and Fr. Roger Landry discussed the headlines of the week, including the meeting between Pope Francis and President Obama; the creation of a new commission at the Vatican to work on the protection of minors; the Pope’s plea to Mafiosis to convert or face hell; the upcoming Mass on the US-Mexican border by US bishops including Cardinal Seán; and the Massachusetts’ bishops call for a just wage.
Listen to the show:
Today’s host(s): Scot Landry and Susan Abbott
Today’s guest(s): Gregory Tracy, managing editor of the Pilot, the newspaper of the Archdiocese of Boston, and Fr. Roger Landry, pastor of St. Bernadette Parish in Fall River
Links from today’s show:
- The Anchor
- The Pilot
- Some of the stories discussed on this show will be available on The Pilot’s and The Anchor’s websites on Friday morning. Please check those sites for the latest links.
- “Pope and Obama discuss religious freedom, life issues, immigration”, Catholic News Service, 3/27/14
- “ Boston cardinal, abuse survivor among members of Vatican commission”, The Pilot/CNS, 3/24/14
- “Pope to Mafiosi: Turn away now from the road to hell”, The Pilot/CNS, 3/24/14
- “The Threat of Hell for Those who Make Hell on Earth, The Anchor, March 28, 2014”, Fr. Roger Landry, 3/28/14
- Bishops on the Border: Mission for Migrants
- The Value of a Just Wage: A Statement of the Roman Catholic Bishops of Massachusetts (PDF)
- St. Patricks Players
- “Resurrection”, a musical cantata, is the inspirational story of Simon Peter and the forgiveness of Jesus Christ. The performance leads the audience on an unforgettable spiritual journey with St. Peter as he faces his martyrdom. Peter recalls his own experiences with Christ as well as those he shared with Mary Magdalene and the disciples as they followed Jesus. In moving song, Peter shows the anguish for his denial of Christ and the joy that comes with the Resurrection and His forgiveness.
Schedule of Performances ~ 2014 Season
Cathedral of the Holy Cross Boston, MA Saturday, March 29th 7:30 P.M.
St. Thomas the Apostle Parish Peabody, MA Saturday, April 5th 7:30 P.M.
St. Luke’s Parish Belmont, MA Sunday, April 6th 4:00 P.M.
Holy Cross Parish So. Easton, MA Saturday, April 12th 7:30 P.M.
St. Patrick Parish Watertown, MA Sunday, April 13th 7:00 P.M.