Today’s topics: Pope’s Retreat; Congress Invitation; Pope Benedict on Interview; Papal Paperwork; St. Patrick’s Day; New Pilot Website
Summary of today’s show: Our usual Thursday panel of Scot Landry, Susan Abbott, Gregory Tracy, and Fr. Roger Landry consider the headlines of the week, including Pope Francis’ reflection on his just complete Lenten retreat; an invitation for the Holy Father to address a joint session of Congress; Pope-emeritus Benedict gave his commentary on an interview Pope Francis did; the Holy Father advised people to get a pocket Bible to read in spare moments; Cardinal Seán’s homily at his St. Patrick’s Day Mass; and a great new website for The Pilot.
Listen to the show:
Today’s host(s): Scot Landry and Susan Abbott
Today’s guest(s): Gregory Tracy, managing editor of the Pilot, the newspaper of the Archdiocese of Boston, and Fr. Roger Landry, pastor of St. Bernadette Parish in Fall River
Links from today’s show:
- The Anchor
- The Pilot
- Some of the stories discussed on this show will be available on The Pilot’s and The Anchor’s websites on Friday morning. Please check those sites for the latest links.
- “Pope says it’s important to keep hope alive, have a sense of humor”, Catholic News Service, 3/14/14
- “U.S. lawmakers invite pope to address joint meeting of Congress”, Catholic News Service, 3/14/14
- “Benedict XVI sends Pope commentary on early interview”, CNA/EWTN News, 3/18/14
- “Bggest downside of being Pope is the paperwork”, Catholic News Service, 2/14/14
- “Get a pocket Bible, read it during your commute, pope recommends”, Catholic News Service, 2/17/14