Today’s topics: Preaching in Evangelii Gaudium, New papal interview, Bishop Deeley to Portland,
Summary of today’s show: Our usual Thursday panel of Scot Landry, Susan Abbott, Fr. Roger Landry, and Gregory Tracy examine the news headlines of the week, including Fr. Roger’s latest column discussing Pope Francis’ words on Evangelii Gaudium having to do with preaching; Pope clarifies remarks in new interview; Bishop Deeley appointed to Portland, Maine; Cardinal Seán’s intervention into a Dominican immigration controversy; and changes at the Vatican’s bishops’ congregation.
Listen to the show:
Today’s host(s): Scot Landry and Susan Abbott
Today’s guest(s): Gregory Tracy, managing editor of the Pilot, the newspaper of the Archdiocese of Boston, and Fr. Roger Landry, pastor of St. Bernadette Parish in Fall River
Links from today’s show:
- The Anchor
- The Pilot
Some of the stories discussed on this show will be available on The Pilot’s and The Anchor’s websites on Friday morning. Please check those sites for the latest links.
- “Preaching the Good News of Great Joy,” Fr. Roger Landry, The Anchor, December 20, 2013
- “Constant criticism of preachers is usually sign of fear, pope says”, Catholic News Service, 12/13/13
- “Never be afraid of tenderness”, Pope Francis and Andrea Tornielli, Vatican Insider, 12/16/13
- Pope Francis Appoints the Most Reverend Robert P. Deeley, J.C.D., as the 12th Bishop of Portland
- “Bishop Deeley appointed as the 12th Bishop of the Diocese of Portland”, The Pilot, 12/18/13
- “Pope reconfirms Cardinal Ouellet to lead bishops’ congregation”, The Pilot/CNS, 12/20/13
- “Cardinal O’Malley urges action on Dominican immigration controversy”, The Pilot, 12/20/13