Today’s topics: Evangelii Gaudium, Vatican Commission on Sex Abuse
Summary of today’s show: Our usual Thursday panel of Scot Landry, Susan Abbott, Gregory Tracy, and Fr. Roger Landry look at the headlines of the past couple of weeks, including Evangelii Gaudium and its reception and the formation of a Vatican commission on a pastoral response to sex abuse of children as proposed by the Council of Cardinals.
Listen to the show:
Today’s host(s): Scot Landry and Susan Abbott
Today’s guest(s): Gregory Tracy, managing editor of the Pilot, the newspaper of the Archdiocese of Boston, and Fr. Roger Landry, pastor of St. Bernadette Parish in Fall River
Links from today’s show:
- The Anchor
- The Pilot
Some of the stories discussed on this show will be available on The Pilot’s and The Anchor’s websites on Friday morning. Please check those sites for the latest links.
- “In document, pope lays out his vision for an evangelical church”, Catholic News Service, 11/26/13
- “Pope frames vision for church outreach at every level”, Catholic News Service, 11/26/13
- “Reading, Practicing and Spreading the Joy of the Gospel, The Anchor, December 6, 2013”, Fr. Roger Landry, CatholicPreaching.com
- “Pope, cardinal council begin work on reorganizing Roman Curia”, Catholic News Service, 12/4/13
- “Pope to set up advisory commission on sexual abuse”, Catholic News Service, 12/5/13