Today’s topics: Council of Cardinals; Assisi; Marriage Synod; Cardinal to meet lawmakers; My Brother’s Keeper
Summary of today’s show: Our usual Thursday panel looks at the news headlines of the week, including the first results of Pope Francis’ Council of Cardinals; the remarkable visit of Pope Francis to Assisi; the announcement of an extraordinary synod of bishops to discuss marriage issues; Cardinal Seán’s invitation to lawmakers within the Archdiocese of Boston to an informal breakfast; and the expansion of the My Brother’s Keeper ministry to North Dartmouth.
Listen to the show:
Today’s host(s): Scot Landry and Susan Abbott
Today’s guest(s): Gregory Tracy, managing editor of the Pilot, the newspaper of the Archdiocese of Boston, and Fr. Roger Landry, pastor of St. Bernadette Parish in Fall River
Links from today’s show:
- The Anchor
- The Pilot
- Some of the stories discussed on this show will be available on The Pilot’s and The Anchor’s websites on Friday morning. Please check those sites for the latest links.
- “Pope, cardinal advisers looking at major overhaul of Roman Curia”, CNS, 10/3/13
- “Pope, in Assisi, calls on church to renounce ‘spirit of the world’”, CNS, 10/4/13
- “Pope calls synod to discuss families, divorce and remarriage”, CNS, 10/8/13
- “Cardinal plans informal private meeting with Massachusetts lawmakers”, The Pilot, 10/10/13
- My Brother’s Keeper
- Program #0105 for Wednesday, August 3, 2011: My Brother’s Keeper