Today’s topics: Council of Cardinals; Pope Francis’ Latest Interview; Canonizations of Popes; Phase Two of Disciples in Mission
Summary of today’s show: Our Thursday panel of Scot Landry, Susan Abbott, Gregory Tracy, and Fr. Roger Landry discusses the news headlines of the week, including the meeting of Pope Francis’ new Council of Cardinals this week; his latest bombshell interview, this time with Italy’s La Repubblica newspaper; the date set for the canonization of Popes John Paul II and John XXIII; and the announcement of the Phase Two parish collaboratives in the Archdiocese of Boston’s Disciples in Mission pastoral plan.
Listen to the show:
Today’s host(s): Scot Landry and Susan Abbott
Today’s guest(s): Gregory Tracy, managing editor of the Pilot, the newspaper of the Archdiocese of Boston, and Fr. Roger Landry, pastor of St. Bernadette Parish in Fall River
Links from today’s show:
- The Anchor
- The Pilot
- Some of the stories discussed on this show will be available on The Pilot’s and The Anchor’s websites on Friday morning. Please check those sites for the latest links.
- English translation of Pope Francis’ interview with La Repubblica newspaper
- “The Pope said what? Nine insights from Pope Francis’ interview with La Repubblica that hint at upcoming reforms of the Church”, Scot Landry, CatholicVoicesUSA
- “Pope and advisory council discuss synod reform on first day”, Catholic News Service, 10/2/13
- “Pope, cardinal advisers looking at major overhaul of Roman Curia”, Catholic News Service, 10/3/13
- “Pope to canonize Blessed John XXIII, John Paul II April 27”, Catholic News Service, 9/30/13
- Disciples in Mission – Phase Two Collaboratives