Today’s topics: Headlines: Pope Francis Interview; the Deacon Dozen; Presentation Hall
Summary of today’s show: Our Thursday panel of Scot Landry, Susan Abbott, and Gregory Tracy considered the news headlines of the week, including the interview with Pope Francis that garnered so much media attention, much of it out of context; the upcoming ordination of 12 permanent deacons for the Archdiocese of Boston; the opening of Our Lady of the Presentation Lecture Hall at St. John’s Seminary; a proposed law to give taxpayers choice on abortion funding.
Listen to the show:
Today’s host(s): Scot Landry and Susan Abbott
Today’s guest(s): Gregory Tracy, managing editor of the Pilot, the newspaper of the Archdiocese of Boston, and Fr. Roger Landry, pastor of St. Bernadette Parish in Fall River
Links from today’s show:
- The Anchor
- The Pilot
- Some of the stories discussed on this show will be available on The Pilot’s and The Anchor’s websites on Friday morning. Please check those sites for the latest links.
- “A Big Heart Open to God: The Exclusive Interview with Pope Francis”, America
- “The Astonishment of an Encounter Sixty Years Later”, The Anchor, Fr. Roger Landry
- Boston Deacons
- St. John Seminary Rector’s Blog
- “Pope: Calling folks is no big deal, media reports just tip of iceberg”, Catholic News Service, 9/13/13